Wedding season is here in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. Here at All Occasions, we love helping couples bring the vision for their wedding to life by providing wedding rentals and more. We’ve supplied rentals for countless weddings and know there are a few key items you won’t want to forget for your big day. Keep reading for a list of must-have wedding rentals.
If you’ve been planning your wedding for a little while, you’ve likely had friends, relatives and even future in-laws ask you on multiple occasions, “do you have a plan B?”. If you’re having an indoor wedding, this may not be as applicable to you. But if you’re planning an outdoor wedding, you know the importance of having an extra plan in case the weather takes a less-than-perfect turn.
In addition to providing shelter from the sun or rain, tents can add a lot of atmosphere to your event. Wondering how to pick the right tent for your event? Check out our previous blog on Choosing a Tent for Your Event here.
If you’re getting married outside in the hotter months of the summer, you may also want to consider tent accessories such as a tent fan to make sure your guests stay comfortable, cool, and content.
Tables and Chairs
Tables and chairs are one of the most important parts of your wedding. And let’s be honest, it’s not practical to buy all the chairs and tables your guests will need for your day. However, don’t forget that your guests aren’t the only people who may need chairs during your big day. If you’re having live music, your musicians will need a place to sit, and you may need a table for your seating assignments, cake and desserts, favours, and gifts.
Aside from the traditional wedding chairs and tables, you may want to consider adding lounge furniture to your wedding rentals checklist. Creating a casual place for guests to sit and visit can create an excellent atmosphere and add to the overall aesthetic appeal of your wedding. These areas also make excellent backdrops for photos!
Concession & Novelty Equipment
Let’s be honest. Slushies on a hot day or the smell of popcorn wafting through an event is a hit with almost everyone. If you’re planning on taking photos between the ceremony and reception (or if you just want to add some fun to your reception!) you may want to consider renting a popcorn or slushie machine. Making snacks available to your guests will make sure they stay happy while they wait for the reception to start.
If you’re renting a ballroom for your event, you won’t have to worry about renting a dance floor. However, if you’re planning an outdoor wedding or any other venue that doesn’t already have a dance floor, you may want to think about renting a dance floor.
Here at All Occasions Party and Event rentals, we have a ton of dance floors to choose from. Not sure what kind or size to rent? Check out our Dance Floor page for a guide on how big and what kind of dance floor you’ll need
Don’t Forget the Power!
Having the power go out in the middle of any event is a situation you need to avoid. Hiring a licensed electrician well in advance of your event is money well spent. These experts can help to insure your event runs smoothly and most importantly safely. Here are some tips that will help in the planning for your next event:
- Make a list of your power requirements – Your caterer, lighting, DJ, band, washroom trailers etc. all need power and some times lots of it. Knowing how much power you need and where you need it is key.
- Make a plan – now that you know what you need and where, make sure you have enough extension cords on hand and that you know which appliances will be plugged into a particular circuit and plan your power to insure you don’t overload those circuits.
- Stick to your plan – make sure throughout the entire event that people do not start plugging in electrical appliances in non designated areas. For example if you have your lighting plugged into a particular circuit and the caterer was to come and plug in a coffee urn on that circuit you could blow the power in that location. Leaving someone to find out what went wrong and then hopefully rectify the situation.
- Plan for extra – power is always in short supply at any event, making sure that you have a couple of spare circuits and extension cords can be a life saver.
- Generators – even a small generator can be a huge help for remote or difficult to get to areas of the property.
- If your power requirements are beyond what you have, A power distribution company can estimate your power needs and bring in the right size generator(s) to best suit your needs. If power is available at the venue and electrician may also be able to install a sub panel from the power source, specifically for the use of your event.
- LED lighting – 90 percent of our inventory has been converted to LED. All of our par cans, Edison string lights & mini lights. This has a huge advantage over traditional lighting. Where in the past only a few strands of lights could be connected together now we can light an entire tent ceiling or venue space from one outlet! LED Par cans offer a huge array of lighting colour choice and, as with the string lights, the efficiency is incredible. In addition there are now wireless options available, this means no cords and complete portability. Need to highlight a different area simply pick up the light and move it! No lighting tech required here!
- Gas Appliances for outdoor events – not every venue has a 220 power source available, this is where propane ranges, Griddles & pot cookers come in handy. No power requirements make these items ideal for an outdoor kitchen.
Here at All Occasions Party and Event Rentals, we have everything you’ll need to rent for your big day. If you have further questions or would like a quote, feel free to contact us! We’d be happy to help with all your party and event rentals.